Subject: RE:NetBSD 1.5W reboot & poweroff bug
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <markmontoya@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/25/2001 08:49:18
I received the same "panic" error on my Classic II. I re-loaded the base.tgz dated 6/10/2001. The latest build. Fixed the "panic" error and I now execute the reboot function with no problems. As for the shutdown function, the Classic II doesn't have an auto shut off, must manually turnoff the system.
Hello all.

I upgraded to 1.5W via sysinst earlier today which was very successful.

However, when using either "reboot" or "poweroff", I get a kernel panic
just after NetBSD doesn't trust itself to update the RTC on Shutdown.

I can then type "continue" whereby the core dumps, and "reboot" and it
works. Seems a little odd, though.

This is the Generic Kernel on a IIcx.

All the best.

Matthew