Subject: Re: Support for DynaPort PDS ethernet card?
To: Morgan Aldridge <classic@sover.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/2001 16:02:26
On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 01:20:19AM -0400, Morgan Aldridge wrote:
>     Is there any support for the DynaPort pds ethernet cards?  I have an
> LCIII with NetBSD 1.4 installed on it, haven't used in a while, but am
> setting it up again as a server.  I recently purchased a DynaPort EL/C-M
> pds ethernet card for it and it works fine in the Mac OS, but causes a
> bus error during the boot sequence and drops into the debugger.  This
> card has a SONIC-T chip on it (DP83934) and the documentation for the
> mac68k NetBSD port says that DP839232 SONIC chips are supported, so is
> this not compatible?  Is there any way I could get this to work or no?  I
> have 1.5 sitting around which I have yet to install, will this provide
> better support or no?

I don't know if it will provide better support or not, off-hand, but you
should try it.  You don't have to install everything to try; just boot
the 1.5 or -current kernel and see if it works.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...