Subject: NFS tuning for linux clients?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Leonard Chung <leonard@ssl.berkeley.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/2001 23:15:25
Hi all,

I've got an old (but trusty!) IIsi running as an NFS server for several
clients. It's been working great for a long time and has been extremely
stable. It's still running the old 1.4 GENERIC kernel.

I recently put YellowDogLinux on an old 7200 with a 100Mbit ethernet card.
When I NFS mount across the network, I'm finding extremely slow NFS
transfer rates (about 10-20KB/s) where I can pull generally at least
300-400KB off my other BSD machines. I know the machine is capable of much
higher bandwidths, since I've gotten well over a few megs a second off the
100Mbit card through FTP.

Is there some known issue with tunable NFS parameters not getting along
between NetBSD and Linux machines?

Thanks,

Leonard

--