Subject: Re: Daystar reboot problems
To: rin fukuda <fukuda@med.teikyo-u.ac.jp>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/2001 06:24:30
> > I've got a Daystar Turbo 040 accelerator in my Iici.  I'm running the latest
> > -current snapshot with my own kernel.  Everything runs great except shutdown
> > and restarts.
> >
> > After a restart, I get a sad mac with no video, just tones.
> >
> > And when shutting down I drop to the debugger after some error about device
> > polling.

> I'm using Daystar Turbo 040 with mac IIvx, running netbsd 1.5 default
> kernel.
>
> I have the same phenomenon, sad mac tones without video. I just don't
> care and press hardwware reset every time...

This must be something about the '040. I use a Daystar TurboCache *030* with
no problems -- works great. I do have a patched 1.4.2 kernel that enables
the cache, but it worked fine before I loaded the patch (just a lot slower
:-P). IIci, 32MB RAM, dual Farallon EtherWave NuBus.

  Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Art is anything you can get away with. -- Marshall McLuhan -----------------