Subject: Make problem with Amanda
To: NetBSD list for Mac68K Port <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <josh@ssimr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/19/2001 08:15:54
I went to build the latest version of Amanda http://www.amanda.org on
NetBSD 1.5 on my Quadra 660av. make stopped with "don't know how to
make amoverview. So I searched through the Amanda list, and found the
same problem exists with FreeBSD
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amanda-users/message/28548 and was
caused by a problem with the make program. They suggested using
gmake. I downloaded a new make from a GNU mirror. I figured I would
build it in /usr/local/ and just specify that make when I ran
configure. It compiled but most of the tests run by "make check"
failed.

I haven't yet tracked through the notes at FreeBSD. (I'm sorry about that)

Has anyone built amanda on the mac68K port?

Has anyone built the latest make from GNU - is make from a GNU mirror
and gmake the same or are they two different programs.

Can anyone tell me why the program compiles but the test failed? Are
there additional options I need. Except for wanting to compile Amanda
I'm pretty much running a plain vanilla 1.5. except for compiling bind
and sendmail locally.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com

PS: I'm using an eBay special tape drive that I bought for $30 bucks -
I figure it came with $40 worth of tapes, so I figure it was a good
deal even if it doens't work.  Is there a way to read a tape formatted
and or used as an NT backup tape without installing SAMBA? Is there a
good way to simply test out a SCSI tape drive, so I can tell if it works?