Subject: Diskless Network Booting, OS X->m68k Cross Compile?
To: NetBSD port-mac68k List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Halim Chtourou <blizzard@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/13/2001 23:58:21
Hi,
I read all the posts about netbooting...  I'd like to know if this is
possible, because of any hardware limitations of operating system
compatibility issues.  I want to export a directory on my G4 running Mac
OS X (which has plenty of disk space) via NFS, and have my PowerBook
520c (which has very limited space) use that NFS volume as it's root
filesystem and run NetBSD? (assuming I setup a proper NetBSD/mac68k
installation in the exported directory).  What would be the best way to
setup this 68k netbsd installation on my G4? I no longer  have my
Centris, so I can't copy it from an existing system.

Anyone else attempt anything like this with OS X?

Also, how hard would it be to cross-compile NetBSD/m68k stuff from OS X?
They're both BSD's..
Would be a lot faster than compiling it on an actual 68k system...

Thanks,
Halim Chtourou