Subject: Re: Quadra 700?
To: None <CARL.P.HIRSCH@sargentlundy.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/2001 11:29:28
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 CARL.P.HIRSCH@sargentlundy.com wrote:

> Looking at the NetBSD for Mac68k documentation, I'm seeing that NetBSD 1.5
> has problems running on Quadra700s.
>
> Can anybody give me more info about the nature of those problems? I'm not
> seeing any specifics.

Something to do with not booting for certain video settings, or
with certain mice. (?) All the open PR's may be viewed here:

    http://www.netbsd.org/Gnats/category/port-mac68k.html

The only one that seems to apply, may or not apply to you:

    http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=11344

The only way to tell if it does, or if it's fixed, is try it.

> I understand a fix is expected with 1.5.1. What's the target release date
> these days?

Could be soon, but there's no telling. I suggest you load NetBSD
1.5.1_BETA2 and see what happens. It's unlikely that anything
concerning the Quadra 700's problems will be added to the branch
before 1.5.1 is finalized, unless (possibly) your report initiates
some action.

Frederick