Subject: Re: Mode32 / Network Disk
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/2001 19:56:52
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Matthew Theobalds wrote:

> On Thursday, May 31, 2001, at 10:37  pm, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
>
> Secondly, I wonder how far we are getting with the booting straight into
> NetBSD, is it likely that this could be put as another method for
> booting when 1.5.1 is released (iminently, I believe)? Any information
> would be nice on this.

Well, early June, 2001 leaves not more than two weeks to get it running
and in the source tree. Unless someone is a lot closer to having working
code than I am, I'd say it probably won't happen until 1.5.2 at the
earliest. Even if we did have a working boot disk by Monday, we'd probably
want to bang on it for a while before adding it to an official release.

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net