Subject: Re: Mode32 / Network Disk
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/01/2001 23:39:50
On Thursday, May 31, 2001, at 10:37  pm, Matthew Theobalds wrote:

> Due to circumstances which I'd rather not go into quite yet... but
> which resulted in me writing this note and wanting a UPS; I am
> installing a new NetBSD mac68k system using -current.

This was all nice and successful, though I had to use the SBC kernel --
with 1.5, however, I didn't have to. This is no problem, but I felt it
may be of benefit to those interested in this side of the system to
mention this.

I also got some persistant filesystem errors which although fsck claimed
it fixed and marked the filesystem clean it never quite seemed to; until
I did it out of single user mode (ie: in the standard boot sequence).
But after that it was marked clean properly.

These are my new findings. Hopefully they will be of use.

Secondly, I wonder how far we are getting with the booting straight into
NetBSD, is it likely that this could be put as another method for
booting when 1.5.1 is released (iminently, I believe)? Any information
would be nice on this.

As I write this I realise just how great a system we have here, so I
think it my duty to say thanks. Thanks!

All the best.

Matthew

ps: remind me to get a UPS...