Subject: Remote booting followup
To: , Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/2001 18:11:49
Hello,

I have found Apple's Network Access Disk, which will boot on all m68k Macs
and will allow access to AppleTalk servers.

However, this will only work with ethernet cards that do not require
additional drivers. Seeing how most cards have their own ROMs, this
shouldn't be an issue.

There is only about 10k of space on the drive, so you'd be able to add a
few aliases, but nothing else. There is literally nothing extra to take
out - all of the folders in the System Folder are spartan.

This would also be an ideal System for the MacOS partition on regular hard
disk based NetBSD systems, since it is so tiny. Even with the bootstrap
loader and a few other utilities, everything can fit onto a 2 meg
partition, and the installation can be done over AppleTalk, which makes
things quite convenient. I think I'm going to start using this!

If anyone would like this, let me know. I can email it or make it
available via anonymous FTP.

Thanks,
John Klos
--
The proof of a system's value is its existence.