Subject: Re: remote booting
To: John <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/2001 14:40:08
At 8:21 Uhr +0200 24.5.2001, John wrote:
>And there's no reason that AppleTalk share couldn't be on the NetBSD
>server that is serving up NFS mounts and X sessions.

Yes there is: Aliases on Netatalk volumes are borken because Netatalk does
not support persistent directory IDs (DIDs).

As a side note, I am currently working on BOOTP and TFTP support to be
integrated in the booter. Unfortunately, there woon't be enough room for
the System file + MacTCP + the Booter on a 1.4M disk - now, if we could
boot from a System 6.0.8...

	hauke