Subject: Re: Unable to boot NetBSD to Multi User on Quadra 650
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Joseph <mjoecups@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/11/2001 12:43:27
--Apple-Mail-1151713580-1

Dale it's not you....

I had the same thing on my IIci.

Frederick was kind enough to point me to an old post that contained this
quote.

Heh. This is because you weren't using the latest installer. (It was
only updated to fix this very recently, so that's not surprising.) To
fix it, boot single user, then

# mount -rw /
# cd /dev
# sh ./MAKEDEV all

This worked for me.

Good Luck.

marty

#0: Partition map (31.5K)

#1: Apple_Driver (16K)

#2: Apple HFS (101426K)

#3: Apple_UNIX_SVR2 (Root & Usr) (341043K)

#4: Apple_Unix (Swap) (86346K)

#5: Scratch(16K)

The Quadra has 40 MB of RAM and a 13 inch color display

The full NetBSD install is on Root & Usr. I followed the install
instructions scrupulously and there were no anomalies.

I booted system 7.5.5 in the Mac OS partition with all extensions off.
Then attempted to boot into NetBSD installed on sd0a, with the result
described above.

I have reviewed all of the FAQs regarding install and complied with
all of the suggestions to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dale