Subject: OT: Re: IIfx and Quadra950
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/2001 20:02:59
>  > how is the situation with Mac IIfx and the Quadra 950 ? i have both sitting
>  > in an angle there.
>  > I know the IIfx is working with Linux because i had it, but i
>found BSD more
>  > efficient than linux (and besides Linus Torvalds said OS X is shit) so i
>  > preferred the former if possible.
>
>If Linus said that, he's either uninformed, jealous, stupid or all three.
>OS X is the first Unix that works as well for a total computer neophyte as
>it does for a geek like myself. I use it in my office, and if it were a
>bit more stable on Sonnet G3 OldWorld Macs, I'd be using it at home.

Nope.  Linus in fact was badly misquoted.  What he said was basically
that he'd seen the early Mach kernel source (ca. 1994), and wasn't
impressed (not sure if he actually said "shit").  When he had to
answer the inevitable questions after his remarks were taken out of
context, he pointed out that (a) he hadn't seen the Mach source
lately, and (b) hadn't evaluated OS X yet.  What journalists will
sometimes do to get headlines...

--
| Greg Dunn                       | this is slowly taking me apart.  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               | grey would be the color if i     |