Subject: Kernel without debugger
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/08/2001 13:03:28
Hello,

I have been moving my Macs from NetBSD 1.5.1 alpha to beta, and I have
noticed something strange: when I compile a kernel with the in-kernel
debugger commented out, I end up with a kernel that doesn't boot at all.

This first happened with my Quadra 605, so I thought it was a fluke. Then
I tried one of my Quadra 650/800s, and the same thing happened.

The MacOS loader changes the screen depth to black and while, and then it
completely hangs. The screen doesn't clear or anything.

Then I rebuilt the kernels with the debugger included and with nothing
else changed, and I get working systems.

Has anyone else played with debugger-less kernels lately?

Thanks
John Klos
--
The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity
and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted