Subject: Tool chain
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: James Kliegel <jkliegel@inviso.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/2001 10:05:15
Hello All

I would like to do some development on mac68k NetBSD and have some questions
about the GNU tool chain.

First off where would I find documentation about C++ method stack formats
and use of assembler? I would like to implement some methods in assembler
and want to know how to access the this pointer (first argument on the stack
right?), method arguments, method variables, return values, return address,
etc. So I would need to know the Gnu calling convention, which register is
the stack pointer, which offsets contain what, and the syntax to use in the
asm statements.

Thanks in advance.

James