Subject: Re: Unproven pthreads
To: David Rogers <drogers@halo7.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/07/2001 01:55:43
On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:59:31PM -0500, David Rogers wrote:
> How can I get the latest(.17nb2) of unproven pthreads for mac68k?

A little more detail on what you've tried would make it easier to
answer your question.

If you already have pkgsrc on your system,

  cd /usr/pkgsrc/devel/unproven-pthreads

To make sure it's current (presuming a Bourne-derived shell):

  export CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
  export CVS_RSH=`which ssh`
  cvs update -dP

Then just:

  make install

If your point was actually that you had already tried this and it
would not build properly on mac68k, then you should see if there's
an active PR on this (use the "submit or query a bug" link on the
main NetBSD web page) and, if not, submit one.

Thomas Klausner (wiz@netbsd.org) is trying to plow through getting a
lot of pkgsrc PRs fixed on a variety of ports. Sometime before the
end of this week, he'll actually be able to do this on mac68k too.
(I'm providing him with an account on a machine I have here.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net