Subject: Epson printer port settings (desparate!)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Goldby <iangoldby@iangoldby.free-online.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/06/2001 23:07:05
I desparately need help with getting the right serial port settings for
my Epson Stylus 740. If anyone has managed to get this, or a similar
printer, working with NetBSD, I'd be *very* grateful if you could share
how you did it!

I've tried stty to set the baud rate to things like 57600, 115200, 230400,
etc and 'raw', but so far have not succeeded in printing anything apart from
a few sporadic random characters.

I had a quick go with the booter, trying to log boot messages to the printer
(as described in the documentation), but again, no banana. Do I need to
set an external clock rate? I think the 740 probably generates one. If
so, what rate would that be (in Hz)?

I'm using an LC475 if that is relevant. Printing works fine from the MacOS
side. So far I'm not trying to configure printcap, I'm just sending straight
text to /dev/tty01.

Apologies if you've seen this request before. I've been having trouble with
my sendmail configuration (solved now, I hope).

Thanks.

Ian