Subject: Ethernet and IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/02/2001 17:31:42
Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I'm having a problem with the Ethernet on my IIci.  I can't get a
> connection going to my DSL on this machine and yet it works just fine
> on my Q800.  What could be my problem(s)?  This is a two NIC box
> running 1.5.  I've used both cards fine with Appletalk on System 7.1
> which is the Mac OS I have on this machine.

here in Paris, we have a bug with some ethernet boards on mac68k and the
cable connexion. It starts working, and as you use it it slows down, and
it finishes by being completely hung. I had to install Linux on the IIci
that I installed as a gateway to the cable.

It seems there is a serious bug somewhere, but AFAIK it has never been fixed.
Maybe you did hit that one?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Pas de processeur Intel, pas de logiciel Microsoft: