Subject: Network performance
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Netzhaut <hoppe@netzhaut.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/2001 14:14:59
Hi,

I am running NetBSD 1.4W Generic on a Quadra 840 AV. The Quadra is =
used as an Appleshare Fileserver with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3 and as =
router in an 10 MBit Appletalk network with iMacs, G 3 and a Performa =
630 running MacOS. To copy a 20 MB Photoshop file to the Quadra it =
needs 2 min 15 s, by ftp it needs 2 min 30 s. To copy this file from =
iMAc to iMac it needs less than 50 s, even to the Performa only 1 min =
20s.
Can someone help me finding the bottleneck ? Is it the onboard =
ethernet-card of the Quadra ? What are the average transfer-rates you =
can reach?
Would a Farallon 10/100 NuBus ethernet-card help and is it supported ?

Regards,
Dirk Hoppe

Fotoagentur Netzhaut
Dirk Hoppe