Subject: Re: UVM Panic with Perl and other things...
To: Denis Ahrens <denis@berlin.ccc.de>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/2001 15:34:53
On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 04:56:33PM +0100, Denis Ahrens wrote:
> I now have a working kernel for my Quadra 700 (thanks Allen), but EVERY
> time when I start the perl "make test" my machine panics. (something in
> uvm_pager.c). Is this error fixed?

I don't know if that's been fixed or not.  You have an open PR on that
one, right?

> What of the next two options can I disable on my Quadra 700 when I
> compile a kernel (which has a full 68040)?
> options         FPSP
> options         FPU_EMULATE

I think this has already been answered.  You can leave out FPU_EMULATE.

> Sometimes my Quadra 700 (with -current) starts with a blank (white)
> screen and nothing happens. Someone on this list wanted this to know.

It clears the screen and then doesn't boot properly?  Do you have
AppleTalk enabled under MacOS, by any chance?  This _shouldn't_
matter, but it might.

> On my Quadra 840 with 1.5-Stable I have problems with softdep (panics)
> when I copy complete sourcedirectories from one place to the other. This
> error has happen to me 3 times in the last two month.

My understanding is that 1.5 is not stable with softdeps.  I think that
there is a fix that's been pulled up to 1.5.1_ALPHA that should help
with this.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service