Subject: Re: UVM Panic with Perl and other things...
To: Denis Ahrens <denis@berlin.ccc.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/2001 10:42:46
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Denis Ahrens wrote:

> What of the next two options can I disable on my Quadra 700 when I
> compile a kernel (which has a full 68040)?
> options         FPSP
> options         FPU_EMULATE

You don't need FPU_EMULATE. FPSP is for 68040's and 68060's -- the
built in floating-point coprocessor is slightly less capable than the
old 68881, and FPSP provides the missing pieces.

> On my Quadra 840 with 1.5-Stable I have problems with softdep (panics)
> when I copy complete sourcedirectories from one place to the other. This
> error has happen to me 3 times in the last two month.

There don't seem to be any open PR's that match this problem. Please
consider filing one. If you can get (or have saved) a useful stack
trace (output of 't' after it drops into the debugger) that would be
good to include in the PR.

Frederick