Subject: Re: Kernel asm compile errors
To: None <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/2001 13:18:09
Hi, thanks,

>> First time is current-20010121, so maybe 1.28. Next time is maybe 1.27.
>> I used a 1.5J INSTALL kernel which was made by me, when installed
>> current-20010121.  Installation might be well because of an old kernel.

Allen> OK.  If the sources from 20010121 were used, it should have been 1.28.
Allen> If you still see problems with 1.28, please let me know.

Yes, I am going to research and report to you. so go with me.

>> Is there a relation with NetBSD patition size or boot records(from 0
>> to 576 sectors)? At first, 1.5Q install kernel(I made) failed because
>> of no reading a patition table, when I was going to install. So, I
>> formated by B's Crew(Formatter for Mac). At this time, boot records
>> was changed.

Allen> Hmmm...  I don't think I understand your question.  There have been no
Allen> recent changes to the way that NetBSD reads partition tables.

When the hard disk worked well, it was partioning by HD SC setup 7.3.5(?),
and newfsed by Mkfs 1.47(?), and installed by Installer(Version?).

1.5Q install kernel failed in this disk(I forget messages in detail).
B's Crew(commercial application) also required initialization for the
disk(messages cannotupdate driver...etc), so I thought that boot
records were wrong.

Just at once, please you forget about boot records. NetBSD partion
size(2400MB) or location(before is sd0g, this time is sd0a) is anxious
for me.

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp