Subject: Re: PHP / Apache Undefined symbol "_finite"
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Stephane Thiell <mbuna@undernet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2001 05:36:20
Hello,

As a new member of this list, I would like to thanks the people who
worked or is actually working for porting NetBSD on the mac 68K.  :)

You have compiled php4 using DSO. I have tried too, and without any
code change, it's not working, got the same error (sure apache was
compiled with mod_so.c). If someone's got a solution, I will be
interested too!

Try to compile php4 using --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x, then compile
apache with --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a.
This (static) method works, but unfortunatly, you have to recompile
both apache and php if you want to upgrade apache, or php... I just
successfully compiled the last releases of apache/php4 (+pgsql) on
NetBSD 1.5 (Quadra 660) few days ago, with this method.

Take the time to read the entire php INSTALL file for more details
about the two methods.

-mbuna