Subject: Re: Ethernet problems
To: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/2001 18:02:37
On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 05:08:23PM -0500, Nyef wrote:
> These already use function pointers (probably because other people have
> come up against this sort of thing before).

Cool.

> The three cards I have in are a Radius DirectColor/GX in slot 9 (the
> leftmost slot), which has no explicit support (unknown ID 0x27c)... (penny
> drops)... (grabs a Mac II High-Resolution Video Card)... Yes, that was
> the problem. Thank you. ^_^

Cha-ching.  To get things working with that video card, yeah, you just
have to figure out how to clear the interrupts from that card.  It
should be something pretty simple.  I wrote some instructions up at
one point that explain what you need to do, but it sounds like you
have a pretty good idea.  The other cards that have interrupt-clearing
code are in src/sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/grf_nubus.c

> > How are you checking for interrupts?
> The last step in ae_nubus_attach() is to call add_nubus_intr(). Is this
> what you are referring to?

No.  I was wondering how you knew that you weren't getting any nubus
interrupts.

The behavior that you saw was a little odd in that I'm used to seeing
the system wedge when the first ethernet interrupt is received because
the video card is also interrupting and it keeps the nubus interrupt line
asserted.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service