Subject: Re: Kernel asm compile errors
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Stephen C. Brown <scbrown@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/2001 22:15:56
Hi Allen,

The latest changes seem to have fixed the issues for me as well.
I'm currently doing a "make build".  Before that would have
spewed lots of errors out, but now it's just chugging away.
Way cool!!!

I think I'd also like to warn everybody about something that
I was doing that wound up being fairly counterproductive.
After seeing someone comment on it in the archives, I had
added "COPTS=-m68040" into my environment.  But, this
really doesn't seem to help out much and it seems to bloat the
compiles, particularly kernel compiles(kernels from the same
config were about 25% larger with the flag than without it).
I'm not sure why that is, but anyway, I'd warn others against
doing it.

Steve Brown
scbrown@netscape.com