Subject: Re: Kernel asm compile errors
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/2001 09:38:34
At 5:39 Uhr +0100 18.1.2001, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> I'll run a few more tests over night and tell you tomorrow.
>
>Thanks.  Please do let me know how it goes.

Well. Very well.

I did a few bonnie runs (100 MB each, both on the Quantum Viking and the
IBM DDRS), and copied a 350 MB /usr partition with several concurrent cp's.

Got a softdep related kernel panic when copying /usr (the copy went fine
without softdep), trashed a QIC-520 cartridge during tape tests, but esp
ran silently and with (on a mac68k scale ;) astonishing performance.

>I just hope it's "right" this time...  :-)

Looks like it.

	hauke