Subject: Re: No boot into multi user level
To: Ottmar Schmitt <keragan@netcologne.de>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/2001 18:20:34
On Wed, Jan 17 2001 at 16:48:02 +0100, Ottmar Schmitt wrote:
> The last line I get is:
> the_date the_hostname getty[180] : /dev/ttyE0 : no such file or directory
>
> after that line the system does not go further.
>
> With the minishell of the installer I can see there is a /dev/ttye0
> but not a /dev/ttyE0.
Well, this is slowly becoming a FAQ... (Hint, hint to FAQ maintaniners :-)

That weird (Mac-OS based) installer is too old and doesn't know about
wscons (and maybe other new stuff) so there are some device nodes missing.

Boot into single-user mode
[fsck /]
mount /
cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV all
[wait.. this will take a while on an LCII]
reboot

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.