Subject: Re: Various question...
To: None <ender@macbsd.com>
From: Remi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2001 23:44:03
on 16/01/01 23:24, Colin Wood at cwood@ichips.intel.com wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that we already have it in 1.5, we just don't have any
> keymappings other than US in the kernel.  I'm about to add FR encoding
> (since we have one in macppc).  I think this will simply require an update
> to the keymap file, but there may be other changes involved.  I'm checking
> that now.  BTW, if anyone wants to work on other keymappings, please feel
> free to submit them.

I'm glad to hear that ! My (french) keyboard is plugged through a switch to
my netBSD box and a MacOS box, and it is a real pain to type correctly since
I constantly switch between the two !

> you've got me on this one, although i can say that we don't currently
> support virtual screens under wscons, so if you're trying to add them,
> that won't work.  we also probably don't have wsmux devices compiled into
> the kernel.

Just enabled wscons to try the keyboard encoding (did not touch anything
else). But having virtual screens would be very nice :)

>> * The caps-lock led of my Appledesign Keyboard doesn't light up when
>> caps-lock is on (it does in macos). Is that a bug I should submit ?
>
> feel free.  you might want to search and see if there is already one in
> there, tho.  i've played around with code to make the LED's work on the
> extended keyboard before (and the same code should work on the apple
> design keyboard), but there seems to be some timing issues.  sometimes the
> lights get stuck on, sometimes they never come on, and sometimes the ADB
> hangs.  i'll have to see if i can figure this out at some point in the
> near future.

That's cool, but it is not that big a problem :)

>> * is there a tool to get assembly code out of raw data (which I would have
>> read from the card ?)
>
> well, macsbug has a pretty decent disassembler in it, provided you can
> access the raw data from within macsbug.  that's what i've used to
> disassemble the ROM's so far.

So I guess I will give MacsBug a first look, thanks...

>> I'm a beginner, so please forgive me any stupid question :)
>
> they all sound like good questions to me!

thanks for answering (that fast !)

> -colin

Remi