Subject: Various question...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Remi Zara <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2001 23:05:38
Hi,

Sorry to bother all of you again !
I have a few questions:

* I've already asked that, but what is the state of the implementation of
keyboard encoding in wscons ? I think I've read on the list that, since
port-macppc had it, it should be easy to port to mac68k. It doesn't seem to
be implemented in 1.5.

* Talking about wscons, I have these errors on startup (which don(t appear
in dmesg):
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: cannot allocate memory
wsconscfg: WSMUX_ADD_DEVICE: invalid argument

I probably have missed something in the configuration, but I don't know
what.

* The caps-lock led of my Appledesign Keyboard doesn't light up when
caps-lock is on (it does in macos). Is that a bug I should submit ?

* I would like to explore a nubus card (Apple Ethernet NB with 68000, yes, I
know....).
What is the most convenient way of doing this?
I know of Slots, but that's for the declaration ROM.
If I have understood well, if a card is in slot e, it will be accessible a
addresses of 0xfe000000 to 0xfeffffff, right ?
Is this accessible through /dev/mem ?
If it is, what's the easiest way of displaying the right address range
(through hexdump, for instance)

* is there a tool to get assembly code out of raw data (which I would have
read from the card ?)

I'm a beginner, so please forgive me any stupid question :)

Thanks,

Remi

PS: my system
Mac IIci, 32 MB Ram, 64 MB swap, 1.7 GB usr & root on IBM external disk
NetBSD 1.5 GENERIC