Subject: Upgrade worth it?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. Seth Henry <jshenry@net-noise.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2001 10:45:03
I've seen a lot on this list regarding the SCSI problems with NetBSD/mac68k
1.5 on Quadra's. Has anyone done a speed comparison between older kernels
and the _patched_ 1.5? I only have the one system, and it is in constant use
(so I hate to break it just for testing purposes)

In short, are there any compelling reasons, beyond having the latest and
greatest, for upgrading to 1.5 on my Quadra 800? It is a production server
(for a small workgroup), and has been trouble free for a long time. It is a
bit pokey though, especially on disk access. I've run find searches that
took over 30 minutes on a system with only 2Gb of disk space!

Thanks,
Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com