Subject: mac68k SCSI issues
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/2001 10:52:10
> > esp_quick_dma_setup called with 141e000, 0, 0, 0
> > dmaintr: DMA xfer of zero xferred 65504
> > esp0: !TC on DATA XFER [intr 10, stat 83, step 4] prevphase 0, resid 15f0

> There does seem to be a small epidemic of this going around.  I'm

Is there any chance that these problems are happening because the newest
kernel puts the drive into sync mode, where no 68k Mac normally goes, and
because these SCSI busses don't exhibit problems under MacOS or older
NetBSD, they don't get fixed?

If this is the case, maybe the FAQ and install text should stress that
SCSI termination and cable length is more important now than before.

And thanks for the SCSI patches - my Q650 / Q800s are running great. To
test them, I've rebuilt the entire source tree several times. Not a single
problem.

Thanks,
John
                -- Henry Spencer