Subject: Colour X server?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2001 23:24:29
Hi,

now that I have wasted a few hours shooting myself in the foot during an
upgrade to 1.5: What is the current state of the 8 bit greyscale "colour" X
server for mac68k?

I mechanically replaced the default 1 bit 1.5 X server with the 8 bit 1.4
one. Only a few hours later, I found out that xdm has switched from
"MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1" to the DES based "XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1" which the 1.4 X
server binary does apparently not support. Ouch... Hacking X11 config files
is so much fun. Not.

What was it exactly that kept the eight bit support code from making it
into the distribution?

	hauke