Subject: Re: UVM Panic while running perl base tests
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com,>
From: None <Erik.Bertelsen@worldonline.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2001 20:08:19
At 8:09 -0800 15/01/01, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:27:26AM +0100, Nico van Eikema Hommes wrote:
>
>  > While running "make tests" during the build of the perl base pkg, my
>  > machine (Centris 650, 1.5Q) crashed into the debugger, leaving the
>  > following message on the console:
>  >   panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "pp->flags & PG_BUSY" failed:
>  >                    file "../../../../uvm/uvm_pager.c", line 183

Just one further remark: I tried to test one of the recent perl shapshots
about a week ago on a NetBSD/i386-current, and while doing the make test,
it just stopped (I could not do anything use with the machine, but resetting
it). It was running X, and I did not see any panic, but it still sounds like
it could be the same problem. The problem is repeatable. The purpose
of this message is mostly to give a ``mee too'' and then to point out
that it is probably MI and not mac68k
specific.

best regards
Erik Bertelsen