Subject: Re: Netatalk & Network Trash Folder
To: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/2001 14:53:04
Unfortunately, the expected usage of Netatalk, is to provide a file server.
That is... to have a folder or directory that is accessible as a Mac
Volume.  It's not intended to make the entire unix hierarchy available to a
Mac.

What I've done is to create a subdirectory in my $HOME directory called "Mac".
Then in "/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default"
I replaced the '~' with the following:
	~/Mac   "Home on Max"
	/usr/download "Downloads"

That gives me a couple of good directories to keep stuff in without
littering my unix filesystem with Mac finder info.

- Roger