Subject: pppd is not executing the ip-up and ip-down scripts
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/2001 17:23:51
Sorry if this isn't exactly mac68k related.

I've got pppd working, and I want the /etc/ppp/ip-up scripts to
start nat'ing after the ppp link comes up, and ip-down to turn
it off and reset the default route to a different machine on my
net after ppp drops.

Well, it seems that neither /etc/ppp/ip-up or /etc/ppp/ip-down
is being executed.

I created them and made them executable.  Any ideas what's going on?

max: {99} ll ip*
-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  119 Jan 14 01:07 ip-down
-rwxrwxr-x  1 root  wheel  315 Jan 14 01:07 ip-up
max: {100}

max: {100} cat ip-up
#!/bin/sh
echo Executing /etc/ppp/ip-up...
echo interface $1
echo device $2
echo speed $3
echo local ip $4
echo remote ip $5
wait 5
echo start ip forwarding
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1
echo starting ip network address translation
ipnat -F
ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf
max: {101}