Subject: Re: Trouble installing
To: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/2001 13:11:41
On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:53:57AM -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> * Now, gunzip and tar xvpf those .tgzs in your root directory. This should
>   finish your install the rest of the way.

Leaving out the v flag will make that mind-bogglingly faster. (Or,
if you, like me, don't exactly trust things to work even when you
know they will and want a record of the untar'ing, redirect it to a
file.)

More especially true on ports with slow console drivers (macppc,
sparc?), but noticeable on mac68k if memory serves. (My mac68k is
doing parental computer duty these days, so I'm working from memory.)

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net