Subject: Re: Q700 woes.... Bad ADB
To: <>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2001 17:18:22
> I got one suggestion from another user that had a similar problem
> when his mouse was attached, so this afternoon- that being the one
> suggestion I hadn't tried- I gave it a shot.  Booted right up.  Huh.
> Seems like the mouse is to blame, or at least something in the adb
> path between the CPU and the mouse (I suppose it could be a problem
> in the keyboard's adb path or a problem with the mouse).  Anyone else
> seen this sort of thing?

I'm doing a sysinstall of 1.5 on a Q650/Q800, and I can't boot the kernel
if I don't unplug the mouse after selection "boot" from the MacOS NetBSD
Booter.

>  Does anyone know if it's likely to be all
> mouses (I don't have another one to test right now) or just this one?
> It's an Apple mouse, one of the Mac II era "Apple Desktop Bus
> Mouse"s.  Garden variety platinum colored thing that I pilfered from
> the Classic II sitting in the corner.

I have tried three different mice (Apple, "Performanz", and some other
mouse with no branding on it), and they all don't allow the kernel to
boot.

John Klos
                -- Henry Spencer