Subject: Continuing Q700 woes
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@mr.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/2001 19:09:25
After receiving a number of helpful suggestions, I managed to boot
the Q700 once using a new 1.4.2 kernel on the Mac partition.  That
ran stably for a day or so, then I tried to reconfigure things to get
Ethernet up and running (what a head spinner that is).  Anyway, when
I rebooted the system it would not boot.  The boot process stopped
again at the

adb0 at obio0

line.  Letting it sit for a while it seemed to do nothing, and then
broke into a rapidly cascading series of error messages.  Squinting
through the blurs, I caught the following:

kernel: MMU fault trap
and something about "exception in adb"

Is this indicative of a hardware fault?  Broken PMMU emulation in the
CPU or something?  Loose wire somewhere on the motherboard?

Thanks!