Subject: Re: Problem with new esp driver? [on mac68k] (or maybe not)
To: Daniel Parks <danielp@reed.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/2001 10:07:14
> esp0: unexpected disconnect; sending REQUEST SENSE <----
> probe(esp0:0:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x00 00 00 00 00 00 <----
>      SENSE KEY:  Hardware Error
>       ASC/ASCQ:  Message Error

Hmmm...  That looks like it might be rejecting the tag message.  Can you
try recompiling a kernel with ncr53c9x_notag = 1 ?  I actually would
have expected more failures, though.  I'm kind of surprised to see the
errors on your FIREBALL1080S as that's one of the drives that I've been
testing with.  :-P

If you can make this fail reliably, can you break into the debugger,
enter the command "write/l ncr53c9x_debug 0xffff", enter "c" to continue,
make it fail, then enter the command "write/l ncr53c9x_debug 0" (and
"c" to continue again) and send me the data around the failure?  It
might also be useful to see the output with a "write/l mac68k_esp_debug",
but that won't be available unless you've compiled with "options DEBUG".

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service