Subject: Re: ethernet throughput
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Boddy <mboddy@spitfire.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/2001 12:11:38
Hi Jeff,
I am only new to NetBSD but I am setting up a IIci as a firewall/router.
In setting up my hardware I have been careful to use well proven cards.
Maybe I am being over cautious, but I went for Asante cards with DP83902AV
and DP83902VF chips. This was so I don't have unexpected problems, for
example, performance problems.

To the experts on the list; am I being over cautious?

I had some Sonic cards that I could have used but I went out and purchased
the Asante cards (for $US2.50 each) just to be safe.

Does anyone have more up to date information about what are the proven cards
than what is currently on the NetBSD webb pages?