Subject: Re: Difficulty bringing up netbsd 1.5 on a Quadra 840AV
To: Allen Briggs <>
From: David Henderson <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/2001 19:57:48

The problem with not having X in my path went away when I restored

</bigger>So either the error message I noticed was benign, or the order
in which the *.tgz files are installed matters, or I just flat out
missed xserver.tgz in the first place. (I believe it had to do with a
symbolic link's destination not being present)

I've been thinking about how sloooow the Quadra 840 is compared to my
StarMax/5000, and I believe I'll progress to installing NetBSD there.
This point was really brought home when I started untarring pkgsrc from
a 2X cdrom.

Many thanks for your assistance.

>> When I went to try single user mode, I found that file /etc/ttys had
a line