Subject: Re: Difficulty bringing up netbsd 1.5 on a Quadra 840AV
To: David Henderson <David.G.Henderson@technologist.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/2001 09:42:51
> When I went to try single user mode, I found that file /etc/ttys had a line
> that referred to ttyE0, not ttye0. I changed the file to agree with whats
> in FAQ 10.14 for both ttye0 and tty00.

Boot into single-user mode, run fsck, mount -a, restore /etc/ttys to the
way it was, cd /dev, and ./MAKEDEV all.

The correct device name is ttyE0, but the installer (except the very
latest one--just built in the last ocuple of days) doesn't create that
device.  ttye0 is historical and probably doesn't have the right
major/minor number...  The FAQ should be updated.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service