Subject: Re: Updated Installer app available
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2001 17:45:29
Dave Huang wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:
>> OK, I looked at the code in Mkfs and it doesn't do this, it will return a
>> zero if no available BSD partitions are found.  So it looks like this is
>> a change Steve made for use with the Installer.  You might look at how
>> the routine is called and see if you can bail out gracefully if a zero is
>> returned, then replace the exit with a return.  That's what Mkfs does in
>> it's call to this routine.
>
>Okay, it was pretty easy to do that... wonder why it's not happy doing
>an exit() though...
>
>I've put the new installer, version 1.1h, at
>http://www.cactus.org/~huang/netbsd/Installer_1.1h.sea.hqx
>
>I didn't extensively test it, but it works for me, and I didn't change
>much :) It now creates ttyE0, ttyEcfg, wsmouse[0-3], wskbd[0-3],
>scsibus[01], random, and urandom (in addition to the devices it used to
>create).
>
>The source is at
>http://www.cactus.org/~huang/netbsd/Installer_1.1h.src.sea.bin if anyone
>wants to put it up on ftp.netbsd.org.

I've placed a copy in the NetBSD/arch/mac68k/instllation/misc directory
on the NetBSD site. I'll get the source up there soon.  It doesn't look
like I can add it to the NetBSD-1.5 file set as it is write protected.
I'll see if I can't get that taken care of but it might take a day or so.

-bob

p.s. Thanks for all the extra work on this Dave.