Subject: Updated Installer app available
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2001 17:06:13
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Bob Nestor wrote:
> OK, I looked at the code in Mkfs and it doesn't do this, it will return a
> zero if no available BSD partitions are found.  So it looks like this is
> a change Steve made for use with the Installer.  You might look at how
> the routine is called and see if you can bail out gracefully if a zero is
> returned, then replace the exit with a return.  That's what Mkfs does in
> it's call to this routine.

Okay, it was pretty easy to do that... wonder why it's not happy doing
an exit() though...

I've put the new installer, version 1.1h, at
http://www.cactus.org/~huang/netbsd/Installer_1.1h.sea.hqx

I didn't extensively test it, but it works for me, and I didn't change
much :) It now creates ttyE0, ttyEcfg, wsmouse[0-3], wskbd[0-3],
scsibus[01], random, and urandom (in addition to the devices it used to
create).

The source is at
http://www.cactus.org/~huang/netbsd/Installer_1.1h.src.sea.bin if anyone
wants to put it up on ftp.netbsd.org.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++