Subject: Re: /dev/rsd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2001 03:19:00
Not so long ago Alex Barclay said:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Matthew Theobalds wrote:
>
>> file system checks
>> 469827476 BAD I = 29381
>> /dev/rsd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY
>> auto-clean failed.
>
> What was the outcome of running
> fsck /dev/rsd0a
>
> Did you get a ton of errors or only a few?
>
> A.

I got 11 errors at first, but then when I tried to fix them (largely
consisting of hitting y or n where it seemed possibly appropriate) I got
what I would consider to be a ton. However...

It seems to have fixed it. Which is great!

Once again, the NetBSD Mailing List amaze me. Thankyou ever-so-much.

Out of interest. I am documenting my travels and will release it shortly. I
hope to fill the gap of having a one-stop resource for setting up a system.
I should be offering a preview in a couple days where I would appreciate
comments. etc.

All the best.

Matthew