Subject: a newbie kind of question
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Carol Zick <cjz123@theglobe.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2000 15:59:01
Hi,

I would like to run netbsd on a powerbook 540c, but I see it is listed as being only partially working. Is the problem only with the 68LC040? If this is the case, then have a real 68040 (with fpu) should fix everything right?

Also, I would like to be able to run a graphic browser, would I be able to do that with a 540c.

One last thing, from what I have been able to read on the NetBSD site the only powerbook that is listed as a fully working machine is the powerbook 550c. Could someone tell me where I can get one? As from what I have been able to read about the 550c it uses a japanesse keyboard, but is eazy changed to be used with a US keyboard. Will this effect NetBSD compatablity with it.

Thanks in advance,
Jeanie

theglobe.com
  Your friendly full-service integrated online community.
  http://www.theglobe.com