Subject: Re: Installer updates
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2000 15:35:46
Dave Huang wrote:

>I got it compiled and it seems to work (Symantec/Think C v7). However,
>there's a bug (which seems to be present in the existing 1.1g) that I'd
>like to fix if I could...  if you select a SCSI drive that doesn't have
>any A/UX partitions, it pops up a dialog box telling you that, then when
>you dismiss it, it crashes. It looks like it's the exit(1) call in
>interface.c:Do_ScsiPart() that's crashing... anyone know why?

OK, I looked at the code in Mkfs and it doesn't do this, it will return a
zero if no available BSD partitions are found.  So it looks like this is
a change Steve made for use with the Installer.  You might look at how
the routine is called and see if you can bail out gracefully if a zero is
returned, then replace the exit with a return.  That's what Mkfs does in
it's call to this routine.

-bob