Subject: Installer updates
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/2000 14:44:45
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:
> * I made the following change a year or two ago, to get it to
>   install onto MO drives. (Stephen C. Brown pointed me to the code)
>
>   If you are going to do Bob's suggested changes, please incorporate:

Okay, done :)

> * If you want a hand with the changes, or with getting it to compile
>   with your particular Think-C (I think v7 works, but v6 needs help),
>   I can help.

I got it compiled and it seems to work (Symantec/Think C v7). However,
there's a bug (which seems to be present in the existing 1.1g) that I'd
like to fix if I could...  if you select a SCSI drive that doesn't have
any A/UX partitions, it pops up a dialog box telling you that, then when
you dismiss it, it crashes. It looks like it's the exit(1) call in
interface.c:Do_ScsiPart() that's crashing... anyone know why?

Also, I notice in the old port-mac68k list archives, Stephen Brown had
this same question (which wasn't answered in the archives): what are the
ANSI32 and unix32 libraries? I replaced them with ANSI and unix, and
that crashed pretty early on. So I tried ANSI++ and unix++, which seem
to work fine...