Subject: Quadra SCSI I/O performance
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/2000 12:37:20
I've made some improvements to the esp driver, including actually
getting rid of the delay() and interrupt loop that Chas found my
sekret "make-it-run-really-slow" delay() in.  :-P

I've just checked the change in to -current (locore.s revision 1.133,
esp.c revision 1.26, and espvar.h revision 1.6).  If anyone runs into
any problems with these changes, please let me know as soon as possible.
The changes should be suppable sometime in the next 24 hours and should
be on the anoncvs servers sometime fairly soon.

Steve, it would be nice if the next snapshot has this so more people can
bang on it.
Bob, you might want this kernel for doing the bulk package builds.  ;-)

I plan to get this into the 1.5 branch so it will be in 1.5.1.  It works
well for me, but I'd hate for it to break working (but slow) SCSI for
someone else.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service