Subject: FTP / Telnet access
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Theobalds <mtheobalds@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/2000 23:34:05
I am trying to get my box to accept FTP or Telnet connections via another
machine on the Ethernet network.

I cannot, however, seem to do it. I have them all set up correctly and one
of the machines is well aware of the NetBSD box on the network. (It
complains if the IP is stolen).

However, I cannot get the NetBSD machine to accept a connection via either
of these interfaces. I am assuming it is down to something like the
/etc/rc.conf not activating the correct network apps to listen out for a
connection at system initialisation. Would this be a fair assumption?

What would be the best solution? There doesn't seem to be an answer in any
of the man pages / Documentation that I can see.

Thanks very much indeed.

Matthew